The Municipality of Sioux Lookout Addresses Provincial COVID-19 Emergency Declaration, Stay-at-Home Order
Municipality of Sioux Lookout - Special to The Bulletin
In response to the announcement from the Provincial Government this week, regarding the declaration of a State of Emergency and the issuance of a Stay-at-Home Order, which we understand will last at least through February, 2021, the Municipality of Sioux Lookout wishes to communicate the impacts of this decision on Municipal operations, as follows:
Municipal Operating Changes – effective January 18, 2021:
- All Municipal facilities (with the exception of the Day Care Centres, Landfill and Airport Terminal Building) will remain closed to the public indefinitely.
- The outdoor ice rinks in Sioux Lookout and Hudson will remain closed to the public.
- Phone calls – all individuals wishing to contact the Municipality of Sioux Lookout (any Department) are asked to call 807.737.2700 and LEAVE A MESSAGE. Messages will be checked daily, and callers can expect a return call within TWO business days.
- Emails – please pay careful attention to any “automatic replies” received from staff emails, as some staff will not have access to email and will not be returning emails. All staff email automatic replies will advise of another staff member to contact in their absence.
- All essential services will continue without disruption
- All remittances due to the Municipality (utilities, taxes, etc.) will remain payable on their due dates. Payments may be made via online banking (for utilities), regular mail, or by using the Municipal Office drop-box, located outside of the main entrance of 25 Fifth Avenue. Additionally, for parking tickets, please remit payment via regular post, or drop-off payment with cash at the drop-box.
We thank you for patience and collective support as we continue to protect the health and safety of our community.