Testing appended contact
This article should be followed by a appended contact which would be represented by the author of this article.
Users who are generic; like [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] are not representative; and would need a generic image such as a bulletin logo in place of a headshot.
Alternately, we could add in personalized e-mail forwards in our e-mail system, to create individualized accounts for the business contacts on articles where appropriate.
During staff turn over, e-mail accounts get removed/deleted, and would become redundant. Previous e-mail accounts are often set to forward to a new account for the replacement staff.
Testing would require:
- Showing what a page looks like with a contact in the system when appended to a page
- Create a list of required fields for the appended contact to have prior to adding the feature
- What the page looks like when a contact is removed from the system
- Does it disappear?
- Does it create a broken link?
- Should expired authors have their privledges revoked instead (since account holders would have control over their display images; a potential security risk having a hypothetical non staff member be able to change that information