From The Mayor's Desk
Doug Lawrance, Mayor, Sioux Lookout
Although we still have some coronavirus cases in the Sioux Lookout Health Hub, the number of cases is going down. On behalf of the Municipality I am urging anyone aged 18 years and older who has not yet been vaccinated – to get vaccinated.
Three Vaccine Clinics are scheduled for the week after the long weekend: Thursday May 27th, Friday May 28th and Saturday May 29th. All three clinics are at the Sioux Lookout Recreation Centre. You can book an appointment at www.ontario.ca/bookvaccine or by calling 1-833-943-3900.
If you have already filled out the vaccination registration form, please book directly through the Provincial website. You don’t need to wait for a code.
In early June, those aged 12-17 will be able to book as well. More information will be provided soon.
Certain populations who cannot book using the provincial system must call the Northwestern Health Unit hotline to book their appointment:
- People without an Ontario Health Card
- 16 and 17 year olds who are eligible under an existing priority group
- Anyone who is unable to leave their home due to illness or impairment
If you are in one of those groupings, please call the Northwestern Health Unit Hotline at: 1-866-468-2240.
Some populations are now eligible for a 2nd dose before 16 weeks:
- All First Nations, Inuit and Metis people and their household members
- Individuals with certain medical conditions
- Certain high risk health care workers who are not being immunized by their employer
- Anyone who is eligible for a second dose based on those criteria can call the Northwestern Health Unit hotline (1-866-468-2240) to book their second shot.
When you go for your appointment, remember to wear short sleeves and take your confirmation code and health card with you.
Sioux Lookout Vaccine Clinic dates are May 27th, 28th, and 29th. All Clinics are at the Sioux Lookout Recreation Centre.
To protect yourself, your loved ones, and the community – please get vaccinated.