Drug trafficking charges laid in Sioux Lookout
Tim Brody - Editor
Two Sioux Lookout residents are facing drug trafficking charges following the execution of a Controlled Drug and Substance Act (CDSA) Warrant to Search at a residence on Seventh Avenue on Dec. 14.
Officers from the Sioux Lookout Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) and the OPP Emergency Response Team (ERT), under the direction of the OPP Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau (OCEB) - Thunder Bay, executed the warrant.
Police shared that throughout the search, “Police located and seized suspected illicit substances with a street value of over $30,000, including cocaine, crystal methamphetamine, crack cocaine, hydromorphone and morphine, as well as approximately $10,000 in Canadian currency, and drug-trafficking paraphernalia.”
Two individuals, a 57-year-old Sioux Lookout resident and a 49-year-old Sioux Lookout resident, have been arrested and charged in relation to this investigation.
Both have been charged with the following offences:
• Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking - Methamphetamine, contrary to CDSA Section 5(2),
• Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking - Cocaine, contrary to CDSA Section 5(2),
• Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking - Crack Cocaine, contrary to CDSA Section 5(2),
• Possession of Hydromorphone, contrary to CDSA Section 4(1),
• Possession of Psilocybin, contrary to CDSA Section 4(1), and
• Possession of Property Obtained by Crime, contrary to Criminal Code Section 354(1)(a).
Police are asking anyone with information about the trafficking of methamphetamine or other illicit drugs in Sioux Lookout to call the OPP at 1-888-310-1122. Should people wish to remain anonymous, they can call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), where they may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000. People may also report online at: