Charges laid following home invasion in Pickle Lake
Tim Brody - Editor
Charges have been laid by members of the Ontario Provincial Police Pickle Lake Detachment following a report of a home invasion.
At approximately 9:00 p.m. on April 21 police shared that they responded to a call for assistance at a residence on Lakeview Crescent. According to police, two individuals forcefully gained entry to the residence and proceeded to damage property and assault the homeowner.
“Police arrived and separated the involved individuals. One individual fled on foot and proceeded to steal a vehicle. The stolen vehicle was involved in a collision, during which nobody was injured. The driver was arrested and transported to the Pickle Lake OPP detachment,” police reported.
Following an investigation, a 26-year-old from Pickle Lake has been charged with the following criminal offences:
- Break and Enter of a Dwelling house - commit indictable offence, contrary to Criminal Code (CC) Section 348(1)(b),
- 4x Mischief - destroys or damages property, contrary to CC Section 430(1)(a),
- 2x Assault, contrary to CC Section 266,
- Assault a Peace Officer, contrary to CC Section 270(1)(a),
- Operation while Impaired - Alcohol and Drugs, contrary to CC Section 320.14(1)(a),
- Failure or Refusal to Comply with Demand, contrary to CC Section 320.15(1),
- Failure to Stop After Accident, contrary to CC 320.16(1),
- Theft of Motor Vehicle, contrary to CC 333.1.
Police are thanking the members of the public who assisted in the apprehension of the accused and prevented the continuation of “a very unsafe situation.”