Ten charges laid following police pursuit
Tim Brody - Editor
A 39-year-old Lac Seul First Nation resident is facing 10 charges following an incident last week.
Lac Seul Police Service (LSPS) shared in a media release, “On Friday January 15, 2021 at approximately 3:47 am, the Lac Seul Police Service attempted to stop a vehicle for a traffic violation in Frenchman’s Head. The stolen vehicle fled from Police in a dangerous manner. Officers were able to bring the vehicle to a stop and arrested the male driver.”
The driver has been charged with:
- Dangerous Operations- 320.13(1) of the Criminal Code
- Operation while Impaired by Drug- 320.14(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Flight From Police- 320.17 of the Criminal Code
- Possession of Stolen Property- 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Fail to Comply with Release Order- 145(5)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Fail to Stop for Police- 216(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
- Drive Under Suspension- 53(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
- Disobey Stop Sign- 136(1)(a) of Highway Traffic Act
- G1 Driver, no accompanying driver- OReg 340/94 5(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
- Fail to Wear Seatbelt- 106(2) of the Highway Traffic Act
Police are asking anyone with information about this incident contact them at (807) 582-3802. Information can also be provided anonymously by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or by accessing their website at: http://www.p3tips.com/273,where people may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.