Municipality of Sioux Lookout announces staffing changes to Senior Management Team
Jesse Bonello - Staff Writer
The Municipality of Sioux Lookout announced staffing changes within its Senior Management Team last week.
Among the staffing changes announced were the retirements of Kelly Negus, former Day Care Manager, and Rob Favot, Sioux Lookout Fire Chief.
“The Municipality of Sioux Lookout is pleased to announce some staffing changes within its Senior Management Team, including the following:
• Kelly Negus, retired as Day Care Manager after 36 years of dedicated service to the Municipality. Kelly’s last day was April 16th.
• Gisele Southwell, promoted from Day Care Supervisor to Day Care Manager, following Kelly Negus’ retirement. Gisele has almost 30 years of faithful service to the Municipality, and is looking forward to continuing the tradition of providing first rate childcare services to the residents of our community.
• Carly Collins was appointed Treasurer of the Municipality, effective April 15, 2020. Carly has held various positions with the Municipality for the past 12 years, most of which were in the Finance Department, and most recently as the Municipality’s Deputy Treasurer.
• Rob Favot, long-serving Fire Chief and Emergency Services Manager, celebrated his retirement on May 15th, following 30 years of service with the Municipality, and 46 years of service with the Sioux Lookout Fire Department. Rob continues to lead the Fire Department, on a contract basis, during the transition to the new Fire Chief.
• Robert Popovic has been hired as the Municipality’s Emergency Services Manager/Fire Chief. He will commence his new role on June 8, 2020. Robert has been with the Sioux Lookout Fire Service, as a volunteer firefighter for the past 20 years and has served as a Captain and the Training Officer for the past 10 years, and is looking forward to embracing the role of Emergency Services Manager/Fire Chief,” a May 28 media release informed.
Both Council and the Municipality thanked Negus and Favot for their dedicated service to the community.
“Council extends its congratulations, with sincere thanks for their many years of service, to Kelly and Rob on their much-deserved retirements, and looks forward to working with Gisele (Southwell), Carly (Collins) and Robert (Popovic) in their new roles,” said Sioux Lookout Mayor Doug Lawrance
“We are very grateful to the retirees, for their many years of dedicated service to the Municipality, and we wish Rob and Kelly the very best as they transition to a new chapter in their lives,” said Michelle Larose, Chief Administrative Officer.
“We are very pleased with the individuals who successfully completed our interview process and were hired in their new roles. We look forward to continuing to provide high quality programs and services to the residents of Sioux Lookout,” she added.