Police remind residents to Lock It or Lose It
Tim Brody - Editor
Sioux Lookout OPP are reminding the public to Lock It or Lose It, after the owner of a 2007 Dodge Magnum returned home to find the vehicle missing.
On May 13, Sioux Lookout OPP received a report the vehicle had been stolen from Prince Street sometime after 10 am on May 12. The vehicle had been left unlocked.
The vehicle was located on May 14, with Sioux Lookout OPP thanking the public for their assistance.
Ontario Provincial Police provided the following tips to prevent auto theft and theft from vehicles:
- Always roll up your vehicle's windows, lock the doors and pocket the key.
- Park your vehicle in a well-lit area.
- If you have a garage, use it and lock the door as well as your vehicle.
- Never leave your vehicle unattended while it is running.
- Never leave valuable objects or packages in full view; put them in the trunk or remove them from the vehicle.
- Keep your vehicle registration certificate/proof of insurance on you at all times.
“Although social distancing measures prevent officers from actively checking property as part of the Lock It or Lose It program this spring, the OPP encourage the public to conduct their own property checks. For further information on the Lock It OR Lose It program, or for other crime prevention tips, please visit our website at www.opp.ca,” police added.